6/27/2011

Dwayne Johnson confirmed as Roadblock in GI Joe: Cobra Strikes


Anybody who has heard The Rock's rendition of "Smackdown Hotel" knows the guy can rhyme. So it makes me wonder if he'll get a chance to show off his skills as part of G.I. Joe: Cobra Strikes? A few weeks ago Dwayne Johnson was rumored to be up for the role of heavy machine gunner, Roadblock, in the Jon Chu(Step Up 2) sequel. You think this tweet might count as a confirmation?

"It’s official: Call the Pentagon, get me my big ass gun – Rocks a JOE!.”

Channing Tatum, Ray Park, and Lee Byung-hun are the only soldiers set to return, so it looks like they could use the help. Elodie Yung is also in talks to play the female ninja, Jinx.

GI Joe: Cobra Strikes hits theaters next summer on August 10th.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad