9/12/2014

Tommy Lee Jones Braves the Old West in 'The Homesman'


In what seems to be an entry into awards season cinema Tommy Lee Jones and Hilary Swank star in this story about a man saved by a pioneer woman and tasked with safely transporting three mentally disturbed women from Nebraska to Iowa. 

First and foremost I will see this movie because I think Tommy Lee Jones should star in every "Old America" tale, I mean, seriously, have you seen the side by side of him and Andrew Jackson? Tell me that's not a man who looks the time. 

Anyway, back to The Homesman, I'll be totally honest...the first 90 seconds of this trailer made me question my interest. It almost starts like it's going to be an odd couple comedy set in the old west with Jones playing a wild old prospector type. Then, in about 10 seconds, the serious nature of their voyage is brought to light. Jones' George Briggs tells Swanks' Mary Bee Cutty about the dangers they face on their trip, "Wagon trains that don't want to see crazy people, traders who will surely rape you, and Indians who will rape you". Just like that you see that this is going to be no pleasure cruise, that's not even to mention the weather and rough terrain they have to brave. Check out the trailer below and let us know what you think!

The Homesman hits theaters November 7th, 2014