10/28/2009

Broken Lizard's The Slammin' Salmon gets Release Date


It was way back in January when we first posted the redband trailer for Broken Lizard's latest comedy, The Slammin' Salmon. In that time, apparently the guys who brought you Club Dread and Super Troopers have had a little difficulty finding a distributor. Well, no more. Anchor Bay has picked up the distribution rights to the Michael Clark Duncan starrer, and has targeted December for release.

Slammin' Salmon is the story of a former heavyweight boxing champ(Duncan) turned restaurant owner, who becomes indebtted to the mob. His plan to get out of it? Challenge his staff to sell the most food over the course of a single night. Sound dumb? Yes. But what else did you expect from the guys who brought you Beerfest?

For some reason, I'm looking forward to this. Maybe it's my illogical and irrational need to see just how much torture I can put myself through. More likely it's that I'm willing to sit through anything as long as Michael Clark Duncan is acting a fool in it. Whatever the reason, if it hits anywhere in DC or VA I'll be in line to see this.